Did You Know?
According to the American Heart Association Heart Failure Guidelines :
- Long-term treatment of both systolic and diastolic hypertension has been shown to reduce the risk if incident heart failure by approximately 50%!
- Treatment of hypertension is particular beneficial in older patients. However, elevated blood pressure is a major risk factor for the development of heart failure, a risk that extends across all age ranges.
- Elderly patients patients with a history of electrocardiogram evidence of a prior Myocardial Infarction had a >80% risk reduction for incident heart failure with aggressive blood pressure control!
Our Lipid > HF, Multaq and Amiodarone clinics give us the opportunity to educate patients about hypertension and make recommendations! Visit our main website or give us a call today at (623) 876-8816 to learn more.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- Bob Quick’s Journey Is Completed!