Foods For Heart Health
Your cardiologist has probably told you that eating right goes a long way towards keeping your heart healthy. Watch this video to learn more about doctors’ dietary recommendations.
First, it’s a good idea to cut back on animal proteins found in red meat and full-fat dairy products in order to keep your cholesterol levels down. Be sure to avoid trans-fats whenever possible. Keeping your sodium intake down is also important, as a high level of salt in your diet can increase your blood pressure. Finally, cut down on fried foods and highly processed snacks.
Taking care of your heart is important at any age. To learn more about diagnostic screening and how to keep your heart healthy, contact the Phoenix cardiologists at Cardiac Solutions by calling our heart clinic at (623) 876-8816.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- What Is an Implantable Loop Recorder?