A Look at the FDA’s Effort to Ban Trans Fat
Many Americans have too much fat in their diets, and this is one of a handful of reasons that heart disease is such a prominent killer in the United States. In an effort to encourage
Americans to make healthier choices, the FDA has proposed a motion to ban trans fats, which are among the worst fats for your health. Foods containing trans-fat lead to higher cholesterol and increased blood pressure—both significant risk factors for heart disease.
The FDA ban on this trans fats is expected to become effective in 2015, but many food manufacturers are already shifting away from these fats. It will be important for consumers to recognize that many familiar foods may have shorter shelf-lives after this change is in effect, because trans fats are often used as preservatives in processed and frozen foods.
To learn more about the heart healthy dietary decisions you should make for yourself and your family, visit the Cardiac Solutions team in Avondale, Sun City West, Glendale, or Peoria. To schedule an appointment at one of our clinics or take a closer look at our services, visit our website or call (623) 208-5305.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- What Is an Implantable Loop Recorder?