Tips for Staying Heart Healthy While Dining Out
Many restaurants serve large portions high in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium, all of which can threaten your heart health. Knowing how to avoid common pitfalls when dining out can help you to maintain a healthy heart. Ask for dressings and sauces to be served on the side and choose whole grain options from bread baskets before your meal. You can cut down on large portions by sharing your meal with a friend or taking half of it home. Check out this video for more tips on avoiding unhealthy choices while dining out.
A healthy diet is an essential component of a healthy cardiovascular system. At Cardiac Solutions, we can help you develop a diet that will benefit your heart health for life. You can check out our classes or locate our five convenient Phoenix-area clinics by visiting our website or calling (623) 208-5305.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- What Is an Implantable Loop Recorder?