Heart Murmurs: A Basic Overview
The heart is an organ comprised of four major chambers through which blood moves. When a heart doctor places a stethoscope on a patient’s chest, he can listen to the sound of the blood moving through the heart. If the heart suffers from a structural irregularity, it may produce an unusual sound as the blood rushes from one part of the heart to another. Such abnormalities are typically called heart murmurs. Should a cardiologist detect a murmur, it may not necessarily indicate a significant medical issue. However, should the murmur stem from a degenerative heart condition, treatment may be necessary to correct the abnormality and restore proper heart function.
Cardiac Solutions can help you enjoy the heart health you deserve. Our team of cardiologists offers effective treatment for many heart conditions, including heart murmurs . For more information on our services for the greater Phoenix and Glendale communities, call (623) 208-5305 today.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- Bob Quick’s Journey Is Completed!