Are You at Risk for a Heart Attack?
Many of the risk factors for a heart attack present no symptoms, which is why this type of cardiac event can be so dangerous. When you know what conditions can lead to a heart attack, you can take the appropriate steps to address them.
Hypertension and high cholesterol are two of the most common contributing factors to myocardial infarction, or heart attack. Hypertension weakens the arteries of the circulatory system, and high cholesterol obstructs them. When present together, they can make someone highly vulnerable to a clot that could stop the flow of blood to the heart. Hypertension and high cholesterol often develop due to poor lifestyle choices but can also be inherited gene. A lack of physical activity, a diet high in fat and sodium, and the use of tobacco products can all increase a person’s risk of suffering a heart attack.
No matter how high your risk of heart attack currently is, you can take action to help prevent this life-threatening condition. Call Cardiac Solutions today at (623) 208-5305 to schedule an appointment with a heart doctor. We offer comprehensive cardiac care to those residing in Sun City West, Peoria, Glendale, and Avondale.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- Bob Quick’s Journey Is Completed!