What Is a Leaky Valve?
A healthy heart can efficiently move blood throughout its four chambers. This video explains, a leaky valve in the heart can lead to serious health problems.
The valves in the heart regulate the amount of blood that each chamber receives. They also stop blood that has entered the next chamber from flowing back into the one before it. These functions demand that each valve be able to close completely. If injury or disease interferes with valve function, it can cause a leaky valve. This condition can produce warning signs such as labored breathing and exhaustion.
If you have been diagnosed with a leaky valve, Cardiac Solutions can help. Call (623) 208-5305 to schedule a consultation at our Peoria, Avondale, Glendale, or Sun City West heart center.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- What Is an Implantable Loop Recorder?