Benefits of Electrophysiology Studies
Electrophysiology studies, or EPS, are important tools your heart doctor can use to diagnose and manage your heart condition. The test takes between one and four hours, and you will be kept comfortable throughout with the use of a local anesthetic.
EPS is performed to test the electrical activity of your heart and determine the cause of an arrhythmia. The test helps your heart doctor determine which arrhythmia treatment is right for you, such as medication, a pacemaker or ICD, ablation, or cardiac surgery. The biggest benefit of EPS for patients is that is a minimally invasive procedure that doesn’t require a hospital stay. Most patients return to their usual activities the following day.
EPS is one of the tests we use to diagnose heart conditions at Cardiac Solutions . Ask your doctor for a referral to one of our cardiologists near Phoenix if you are experiencing heart disease symptoms. You can schedule a consultation by calling (623) 876-8816.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- What Is an Implantable Loop Recorder?