A Closer Look at Pacemakers
Heart arrhythmia occurs when the heart beats too slowly, too quickly, or abnormally. For patients who have bradycardia, or a slowed heart rate, a heart doctor may recommend the implantation of pacemakers. This type of heart disease treatment reacts to a slowed heart rate by transmitting an electrical impulse to the heart to accelerate its beating.
You can learn more about how pacemakers work by watching this animation. You’ll see where pacemakers are typically implanted and how they are connected to the heart.
With multiple locations throughout the West Valley, the cardiologists of Cardiac Solutions are leading providers of heart health services, including pacemaker implantation . Patients who have been diagnosed with heart conditions in Phoenix, Glendale, or Peoria can see a heart doctor after giving us a call at (623) 876-8816.
- Meet Dr. Sugumaran, another one of Cardiac Solutions amazing Interventional Cardiologists!
- What are the Symptoms and Treatments of Ventricular Arrhythmias?
- A Closer Look at EECP for Chest Pain
- Watch our very own Dr. Rajkumar Sugumaran’s interview with Arizona Health Connection here:
- What Is an Implantable Loop Recorder?